Wednesday, November 26, 2008

For those about to rock...


I haven't written in forever!!! The four day weekend will (hopefully) let me get some work done.
After some conversation (with my adviser and a few professors) and consideration (see parenthesis before) I have changed my thesis. Whew! Sure glad I have a bunch of sources (purchased) that I am not going to use... Ah! who am I kidding I wanted those books and DVDs and I had an "academic" reason to purchase them. So, yes, it is official I am not going to do a gender angle on punk rock, rather an examination of secular Christmas songs of the 1940/50s and tie them in somehow to capitalism. Yes at the moment a little vague, but I just got some books and articles and I will pour over them this weekend. After this is said and done I want to refer to my self as a Christmasologist. Wouldn't it be great if Frosty and Rudolph had a counterpart who did not stand the test of time. Maybe Gene Autry was the reason for their success. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Barb said...

So glad you finally got back to your blog. I was checking it almost every day for an update.

So you are now going for Chrismasology. That's different but sounds very interesting. Keep updating your blog on how it's going OK?

Andy looks like a little devil. Such a different mouth than most cats. I wish I could have seen him while I was there. He looks cuddly.

Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Amy P. said...

So, it is too cold to go to Starbucks for lunch today so I thought to me self, "self, what can you do for lunch?" Self replies, "remeber Erica has a blog? Go forth and stalk." So here I am, stalking.

Now, in response to this post, who would have known that it was Bing Crosby and not Gene Autry? Oh, the important things I have learned from you!