Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Year in the Wilderness



I find comfort in John Doe songs. I love X, The Knitters, Auntie Christ, Exene solo and all the other side projects. But something about his solo stuff is a melancholic and a sincere reflection of a mood in which I feel very at home.
I relate to him ( I know, I know) because of his subtle California pride, which comes out in some of his light homage to the Golden State.
This was not what I was going to write about however...
Things that were not told to me about postpartum. I guess I thought you had a baby and that was it. Your body went back to normal and there you go. Uh, no.
I ended up having a C-section, but the pad and underwear you have to wear is necessary and it lasts for more than a day or two.
Contractions can last for awhile because your uterus has to go back and they can also hurt.
Stretch marks hurt and itch like a mutha.
There is apparently a rash that women can get called PUPPS that I have the pleasure of having on my legs, thighs, ass, and arms. It itches something fierce and I cannot take benedryl because I am breastfeeding. PUPPS can take up to 5 months to go away (thanks, Internet) and I am really trying to not go to the doctor. Epsom salts help and so does the magic stuff from Whole Foods.
On that note, the good nipple cream from Whole Foods stains your clothes. It works really well, though.

I love my daughter she is perfect and I would do it all over again for her.

But one and done!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff nobody tells you. For example - peeing when sneezing.