Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy new year! Happy new year! May we all have a vision now and then. Of a world where every neighbor is a friend.

Happy New Year!
Back at work after a nice 11 days off!
Went to Seattle for a few days and it was really fun. M is a pretty good traveler. There were only two real episodes of fuss. One was on the plane to Seattle, I am not sure if it was the heat (the plane was REALLY hot), or no milk. We made a rookie error and did not buy milk before we boarded the plane. We assumed that they would have some...oops! Sorry baby! The second fuss was before boarding the plane home and it was because she had a wicked whiz diaper that had soaked all the way into her pants! Ooops! Otherwise she was a great traveler. On the way home she fell asleep with her feet in Papa's face and I was holding her head in my hand.

Instead of new year's resolutions my friend suggested that we pick a word. B picked steps, our other friends picked truthful and adventurous. What did I pick? Zany. Really? Like I am not a frickin' weirdo already.
So folks, 2013 is the year of ZANY for me!
Below are some of the definitions that I found on the interweb.
In ode to Justin Timberlake I am gonna bring zany back...Yeah.

From the urban dictionary and Merriam-Webster
An out-of-fashion word for wacky and individualistic. Most zany things are out of fashion now too.

a subordinate clown or acrobat in old comedies who mimics ludicrously the tricks of the principal 
AND
one who acts the buffoon to amuse others

No comments: