Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Vacation all I ever wanted, vacation had to get away...

I just got back from a fun weekend in Tahoe with some friends.
My friend, who also blogs, beat me to the punch and wrote a really great entry. Here it is http://hulainthesunset.blogspot.com/2014/09/tahoe-bubble.html.
It was really nice to hang with my pals. I have know all these jokers between 15-29 years and it was nice to be with them.
Some things I would like to add...
My daughter is really sensitive. I mean super duper sensitive. Some Dora the Explorer episodes are too much for her and she also cries if another kid starts crying. She doesn't like the water (lake, ocean, river), or sand. She also takes a long time to warm up to other kids. And she is afraid of dogs.
Right. So why don't you stick her in a cabin with dogs, kids, and by a lake with sand?
It was not my intention to take her out comfort zone completely, and for the most part she did pretty darn good.
She also is a great traveler. This came in handy because we caught some Burning Man traffic on the way back and it took us over 11 hours to get home.
Here are a few photos.
Bears are very welcoming.
Little one on "Sparky."
 A pant suit the husband would not let me purchase.
Us in Lee Vining last year.

Lil' one in Lee Vining this year.




1 comment:

Philip Cox said...

By the end of the weekend she was treating Ozzy with ambivalence.
Quite a big step.

Fun weekend.