Saturday, October 7, 2017

I get knocked down, but I get up again. You are never gonna keep me down.

I have been looking for a new job for about a year. I thought the job I am currently working could be a forever job, but alas, it is not. So, I am searching for new opportunities.
This past year, I have had quite a few interviews and some I know I bombed (I am looking at you Fremont) and others I have felt pretty good about, but didn't get for whatever reason.
Yesterday, I heard from a position that I interviewed for (which I was really pumped about) and the answer was no thanks.
They sent me an email, which is fine, but I interviewed for 4 hours and I thought they would have called. But whatever, everyone has a way.
So I ask myself what could have I done differently, better, and that sort of stuff.
Was I not a good fit because of my personality?
Did I divulge too much information? Not enough?
Did they not like my suit? My hair? My face?

For years I was on the other end of that and I get it...You just know. Or at least you think you know.

I have to believe that there is a good fit for me out there somewhere. I know what I am looking for  and this last rejection, is where I pivot.

I got a ton of ideas that don't really work for my library. But I will see if other libraries want to work with me to try out some of my ideas.
Also, I will submit my proposals for conferences, articles for publications and the like.

No hard feelings for those who rejected me, maybe an opportunity to collaborate on something else.

I did chuckle to myself though when I found out that a job I interviewed for and didn't get was looking again to fill the position. The person they hired didn't work out.

Tubthumping.

No comments: