Friday, June 24, 2022

Body, I am not an animal. Body, I am not an animal...


I am not surprised that Roe v Wade was overturned. It has been in the making for years.

There are so many reasons that it should not have been overturned...practical first.

This does not mean there will be easy access to birth control. Quite the opposite.

This decision will impact poor citizens and people of color. Because, y'know, Republicans hate poor people, impoverished people of color. 

Eliminating abortions will force women to have babies and funding for social services will be vital. It will rest on the states. As I am writing this Missouri has banned all abortions and I am sure they are in the process making sure that social safety nets are being...yeah, prolly not.

Oppression next.

Controlling women's bodies. Institutional sexism. Institutional racism. It is all there.

I also have some questions.

If it is immoral to have an abortion then isn't also immoral to shoot a bunch of strangers?

So no abortions and strict gun laws?

Since the 1980s abortions have been declining (some of this due to day after pills) and this begs the question-


Does anyone ever really want to get an abortion? 

From my personal experience, I answer this question with a solid unapologetic no. 

Is getting an abortion something I regret? None of your business.

Was the decision to terminate a pregnancy really hard to make? None of your business.

I am not pro-abortion, I am pro-choice. It is a personal choice.

The "funny" thing about all this is that many of these people who don't want you to terminate a pregnancy also don't want to wear a mask. 

Dummies.











No comments: