Friday, January 16, 2009

You've got to let love rule!

2009 is the year of tough love and the ox.
With the economy sucking a dirty hole, military conflicts, social unrest abroad, the environment gasping for air, it is only natural to be sitting at the meal table with a bowl of uncertainty, a rock and roll side dish, a suicide note as a napkin and utensils made of hope. People it sucks out there, but I am forever an optimist. Sure this year is going to be tough, but since I love I can put the two words together and make it work. Yeah, I am going to be 39 and I have no (real) job to speak of--I live in a small (and moldy) apartment, I am up to my eyeballs in debt and as broke as I was when I was 23. Cool. But I have the best husband in the universe whom I love so much I feel like vomiting sometimes. Also, great friends who never cease to amaze me with their awesomeness, some cool family members and crazy/fun/gifted band members who I think are great. So if you are feeling down, stressed or on the verge give it your best shot to think of something positive in your life.
It may not be a "happy" new year, but it can be an "all right" new year.
Tough love 2009, deal with it.

No comments: