Saturday, December 15, 2012

Everyday, everyday, everyday I write the book...

Two weeks ago, I got the email from my portfolio professor that I had passed my comps, so now I wait for the rigmarole of grades being submitted and I will be awarded my master's degree in library and information science. It has not really sunk in that I am really done with school. In January of 2007, I started my master's in music and the University of Tennessee and five years later, I am finishing my second degree. Oh yeah, I have moved 3 times and had a baby. 
For fun today I looked around at books to read for fun! I used to read a lot for pleasure before school and I am not sure what to read first. 
I have the biography of Rin Tin Tin, Chanel, and Ginger Rogers that I could read. I could read some academic books on music ranging from women performers of the Grand Ole Opry to the representation of "the other," in eighteenth century opera. 
The holidays have been busy so not being in school kind of feels like I am just on break. My husbando is waiting for the post school crazies to start. 
Speaking of the holidays we had a few folks over for Hanukkah, which was lovely and lil' miss will get two Christmases with grandparents. Next Saturday I get to see the Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas. I make it a point to see some kind of holiday show. For the past 3 years I have been chipping away at my Christmas show. I really need a writing partner who will keep me not only focused, but give me input too. Yep, after all these years I am still my worst enemy when it comes to writing. The original songs I have written are saturated with plastic Santa nostalgia and the yearning that I adore in Christmas tunes of the 1940s and 50s and nobody has heard them. The script is in its fourteenth rewrite.
Maybe I will make my new year's resolution to have Christmas 2013 be the premiere of Eve and Abe Morning's Super Awesome Holiday Shindig.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

So your Christmas present this year is going to be a bit on the tardy side. I ordered a DVD of The Girl's school Christmas show. As soon as the school sends it to me, I will send it to you. My hope is that in seeing the play, you will move back up here and take over for the person writing the Christmas shows now. We need you.